According to Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D., breast pain is a natural occurrence in females. The clinical name for the type related to your period is mastalgia. It occurs cyclically, each month around seven days prior to your menstruation. Fluctuating hormones cause swelling in your breast tissue making them sore. Tackle this ongoing issue by taking one of these three supplements.
Ease breast pain naturally.
- Red Clover . Red clover is a wild plant proven to carry isoflavones, organic compounds that produce estrogen-like effects in the human body. As a result, this substance is often recommended by naturopaths to treat symptoms related to premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopause, osteoporosis and cardiovascular health. Red clover is normally consumed as a tea, but you can find red clover as a topical cream. Dosage varies depending on the manufacturer.
- Flaxseed. Data revealed on NutritionFacts.or g, indicates that a daily dosage (1 tsp.) of ground flaxseed can improve breast pain related to PMS. Flaxseed, also referred to as linseed, is rich in micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1 and omega-3. Besides being able to reduce breast pain, flaxseed also lowers a females risk of diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
- Chasteberry. Chasteberry is fruit from a shrub in Central Asia called the chaste tree. According to folklore, the name came from an ancient belief chasteberry promoted chastity, decreasing sexual desire. It can be taken in liquid or pill form. Chasteberry is used to remedy menstrual or PMS problems such as breast pain as well as menopause, infertility and acne. Dosage usually involves taking two pills or spoonfuls twice daily.
- Red clover, flaxseed and chasteberry aren’t necessarily safe for pregnant women because of their estrogen-like effects.
- Red clover, flaxseed and chasteberry can cause headaches, upset stomach and diarrhea. These side-effects vary depending on the individual.
- Consult your physician prior to taking red clover, flaxseed and chasteberry.
In conclusion, the above three supplements can ease breast pain naturally. You don’t have to suffer each month from PMS related breast tenderness or soreness. Contact your physician and ask him (or her) if red clover, flaxseed or chasteberry are for you. You can obtain them at a drug store or online. Get more details about breast pain as well as other treatments by visiting HopkinsMedicine.org.
Medical News Today