Haters: we’ve all dealt with them on the job. They get jealous of your success. But, instead of of working on themselves, they pick you apart. Who’s the latest person to join this club? Actress Rae Dawn Chong.
In a radio interview, she slammed Oprah. (of all people!) She called her a b**tch, brown-noser and field n**ger. And of course, she talked about her weight. (Read story/hear radio interview.) Rae Dawn Chong appears to attribute this media mogul’s success to being vile and all about herself – not talent and extreme generosity. Her words are shocking, but not singular. Celebrities often bash each other.
- Elton John vs. Madonna. Don’t these two seem like they’d be besties? Not so! For almost a decade, Elton took jabs at The Material Girl. He openly referred to her as a fairground stripper. This icon’s angst is understandable. The man can sing and Madonna – uh – she’s a really really really good dancer who’s managed to sell out arenas for years. Fortunately, of all the rivalries on this list, these two have finally patched things up.
- Nicki Minaj vs. Mariah Carey. Before the first episode aired of “American Idol” featuring this duo, a video leaked of a fight. Minaj was ‘going in’ on Carey talking to her as though she was an old has-been. Well, the average Joe knows that MC is one of the best artists around. Her hits are classics – sung globally by people of every color. This achievement accounts for her net worth of $510 million compared to Minaj’s $45 million. Maybe their financial gap is what really inspired Nicki’s outburst.
- Chelsea Handler vs. Joan Rivers. What happens when you snub a fellow comic who’s been in the biz for years? You get ripped a new one on the Howard Stern radio. After being ignored at an event by Chelsea, Rivers accused this blond of sleeping her way to the top. She also stated that her much younger peer was not funny nor a genius. Chelsea responded with the usual f**k off and blamed their poor relations on a rude comment made by Joan. This excuse seemed weak. Consequently, no fan of either can deny that Joan Rivers rose to fame through blood, sweat and tears while Chelsea Handler did have a long-term relationship with the a Comcast CEO.
- Paris Hilton vs. Kim Kardashian. These two were BFFs until Kim modeled Paris’ trek to fame. This dark beauty released a sex tape. Check! She followed this move with a hit reality TV show. Check! Later on, she marketed several products under the Kardashian name. Check! All of these things thrust Kim into the limelight overshadowing Paris. Paris responded by talking about her ex-buddies butt – saying Kim’s behind reminded her of cottage cheese inside of a big trash bag. Since, there’s been a lackluster apology and a congrats on pregnancy, but nobody believes these gestures were sincere.
- Katt Williams Vs. Steve Harvey. Both are popular comedians, but only one is a household name with bestselling books, a radio show, game show and talk show. In 2009, they both performed at a venue together and afterward, Katt ripped on Steve’s routine. He felt that it lacked any substance and the crowd didn’t get their money’s worth. True or not, this type of criticism is usually best stated face-to-face in a private room.
The above celebrity haters are only a few. Surprisingly, no matter what a guy or gal does there’s always someone waiting to throw a dagger.
(1) NY Daily News
(4) Celebritynetworth (Mariah Carey)
(5) NY Daily News (Handler/Rivers)
(6) Celebritynetworth (Nicki Minaj)
(9) Daily Mail