Thank you for all who read my first in a series on hose. This is a follow up article trying to explain to others why a woman would wear hose if she is not into really wearing them. So even if she was not down with wearing them just to wear them, she would maybe for these reasons.
1. Her legs get cold a lot. Hey some women do get cold in the extremities, whether it’s their arms or their legs, or both!
2. Work/uniform requirement. Yes pantyhose are still a requirement at a lot of professional establishments…and Hooters!
3. Varicose veins/scar covers up. This is a life saver cosmetic wise for many women.
4. Goes with the shoes/outfit she is wearing. Fashion aficionados understand this one all too well!
5. It’s cold in general. If you live in a cold climate, you can relate to this one 100%!
6. Medical reasons (support hose). Some women get severe leg fatigue if they are not wearing some sort of compression hose during the day.
7. Her boyfriend/husband is into hose. Yes this one is for the ladies that will do anything to please their man. But, hey wear them long enough and you might like wearing them on your own!
8. Women who like either encasement or feeling constricted. This is a borderline BDSM fascination, but some women like to feel restricted like they are wrapped in a warm, tight blanket.
9. Makes your shoes fit better. This is a little different than number 4, for this one is more on the comfort side. Some women can’t stand to put their bare foot into a non-open-toed sandal.
10. Helps protect shoes (and your feet) from foot sweat. This one is 100% true, for hosiery does circumvent the odor away from your skin quite well.
11. Fashion trend (aka the Kate Middleton effect!). Yes if that favorite celebrity is wearing pantyhose, you know its cool now to wear them yourself!
12. Don’t want to wear panties but don’t want to feel exposed. Because they are called PANTY-hose for a reason!
13. Special event (show, wedding, funeral). This is the #1 reason why most women choose to wear pantyhose in the first place.
14 Religious requirements. Yes some religions do require the females to cover up their legs yet wear a skirt or dress at all times.
15 Post pregnancies to tone up. Doctors do conclude that wearing pantyhose post pregnancy does help leg circulation and helps you recover faster after giving birth.
16 Women who don’t feel like shaving their legs or painting their toenails. Yes pantyhose do delay the inevitable.
17 Women who are self-conscience about their pale or ashy legs. There were women who don’t feel their best sometimes and pantyhose is the perfect pick-me-up to build their self-confidence.
18 It is easier and less messy to wear pantyhose during a leg massage then deal with all that massage oil.
19 Women who are uncomfortable having their bare skin touched. They use the pantyhose as a buffer to protect themselves from being touched directly on their legs.
20 Part of a costume. Because can anyone ever imagine Wonder Woman without pantyhose on?
21 Women who wear control top to flatten their figure underneath their skirt or dress.
22. If you don’t feel like shaving your legs that day
which reason do you identify most with?