Does your epidermis need a beauty save? If so, resuscitate your skin by year end. Achieve this feat by taking a few steps (eight) that help the average person.
- Reassess your skin. Is it drier, oilier or the same? Age, medication, diet all effect your skin. So, you have to determine its current state in order to pinpoint the best skin care.
- Detox your fridge. Get rid of toxins such as soda, greasy foods and high caloric sweets. Besides causing acne, they also bloat your body because of salt retention.
- Toss out old makeup. Do you know how long you should keep an eyeshadow, blush or lipstick? (See data.) Be in the know and throw away old dingy products. Through use, they transfer nasty things to your skin like harmful bacteria that can result illness or infection.
- Add a glass of water. You should be consuming eight, 8 oz. glasses per day. Most people struggle in this area; they prefer juice or coffee. You may fall into this category too, so improve your hydration by adding a glass of water to your drinking repretoire.
- Tone your skin. Toners remove oils and refresh the epidermis. Like moisturizers, they contribute to suppleness, elasticity in the skin. Plus, toners are cheap. You can use something as simple as Witch Hazel or Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Use a moisturizer. As the old saying goes, ‘you get what you pay for’. This statement is true even in regards to moisturizers. You need to select a quality product and also know how to pick the right one for your skin. (See ‘How to Choose the Right Moisturizer’.)
- Replace your brushes. Brushes are another aspect of a gal’s routine that rarely gets cleaned properly and suffers from overuse. If your brushes are dingy and frayed, replace them. You can purchase an inexpensive set at a drugstore like Walgreens.
- See a professional. A dermatologist, esthetician or makeup artist can offer you insight into how to beautify your skin. Seek their services if you are struggling with acne, blotchiness or some type of excessive skin condition over-the-counter products can’t resolve.
In conclusion, the above 8 tips can help you resuscitate your skin by year end. Try them and look better by the time January rolls around.
Also see: BB Cream 101