What’s red and pink and pretty all over? My nails! This Valentine’s Day make your fingers and toes just as fabulous with the new Scotch Naturals Red Hot Cocktail Trio, a non-toxic nail polish collection that’s eco-friendly.
A few weeks ago Scotch Naturals asked if I wanted to give its water-based, environmentally friendly nail polish a try. Well, I’m very picky about what goes on my skin, hair and nails. After a little research, I was happy to find out this collection easily fits into my healthy lifestyle. You won’t find any harmful chemicals or heavy metals in these formulas, which after long-term use can cause health problems. You can learn more about the health aspects of these hypoallergenic polishes on the company website.
Tell Me About The Colors
So, Scotch Naturals has really outdone themselves just in time for Valentine’s Day. The Red Hot Cocktail Trio comes with three seasonal colors, a base coat and a top coat.
- Sticky Base Coat: Apply this clear coat to clean, moisturized buffed nails to help the polish stay in place longer. I found this very easy to use. It wasn’t sticky at all!
- Whisper: The palest pink of the trio will make girls of all ages blush. I love the sparkle in this very muted color. It’s perfect for everyday wear when you want a very understated, yet polished, look.
- Stiletto: This vibrant red-pink pops! This will be your go-to for date night!
- Tartan Swizzle: The deep magenta hue has a very romantic vibe. I tried it on my toenails and absolutely love the deep purple-pink shade.
- On the Rocks Top Coat: After polishing the nails, use this finishing coat to reduce scratches and chipping. As bonus this top coat adds a sexy, wet sheen to your nails.
Do Non-Toxic Polishes Last?
I’m hard on my nail polish. I wash dishes by hand, swim in a chlorinated pool three to four times each week and subject my toes to everything from running sneakers to flats throughout the week. These polishes were given a true workout!
So, how did they fair?
The polishes go on thick and even, giving my nails great coverage. The lightest shade, Whisper, could have used a third coat to reduce some minor streaking. Sitting at my desk typing, I could admire my nails all day long. The polish doesn’t chip or crack and the Valentine’s Day colors are spot on perfect.
However, when I got my fingers and toes wet, the polish started to peel. With respect to Scotch Naturals, these are water-based polishes meant to be removed with warm water, so I’m not surprised. After spending an hour in the swimming pool, about half of the polish peeled away.
My take? I’d definitely drop a hint about the Scotch Naturals Red Hot Cocktail Trio to your sweetie for a last-minute Valentine’s Day gift. The polishes come in a beautiful gift box sealed with a red ribbon.
Or, why wait? Go ahead and splurge on these natural goodies just for yourself!