If you’re a single female, you probably have a warped view of Valentine’s Day. For years, I did too. To me, this 24-hour period was for romantic purposes only. Then, one day, I woke up and realized that Valentine’s Day was about love, an energy you can transfer to others or yourself, no date required. Since – I changed my approach toward Valentine’s Day making this day more enjoyable.
Single? Female? Ten things to do on Valentine’s Day:
- Write a love letter. The lover letter is to yourself. Detail why you’re special and adorable. Get personal and up close with you. Be sure to mail out your finished product. Getting correspondence other than a bill will be fun. See: How to Write a Love Letter to Yourself
- Send someone flowers. Who do you know that really needs a pick-me-up? Send this individual a dozen roses. Make someone feel good in the way you’d want to on Valentine’s Day.
- Eat your favorite chocolate. Pick up a box of you favorite chocolates. Sneak a few bites throughout the day. Contrary to beliefs, in moderation, chocolate is good for you. One chocolate perk – a stronger heart. See: 10 Health Benefits of Chocolate
- Tell people you love them. Open up your heart and express how you feel. Tell at least three people you love them. You decide who should hear these words. Best picks – your child, parents and mate. A simple ‘I love you’ can improve your relationships.
- Take a luxurious bath. Dim the lights. Light some candles. Fill your tub with water and take a long soak. You don’t need any money to clean up this way. See: How to Take a Better Bath
- Be a good wing woman. (Yep!) Support a girlfriend in her endeavors to find love. You know you have one who’s dreaming about meeting Mr. Right at a local bar or Valentine’s Day event. Go with her and back her up on whoever she chooses to meet that night.
- Sport a little black dress. This outfit is timeless. Regardless of your height or size, a little black dress makes you look and feel good. Wear yours for the evening function or just to go shopping at the local grocery store. See: 20 Flattering Little Black Dresses for Every Shape
- Compliment someone. Face facts. Your boss, your mama and your pastor all remind you of your shortcomings. So, anytime you hear a few kind words, you feel great. Do someone a favor on Valentine’s Day – pay him (or her) a compliment. Put a smile on this person’s face.
- Buy a pair of shoes. Shoe therapy is a simple way to brighten up your day. Get a sexy pair of stilettos that make your ankles stand out and make you feel like a woman. See: 10 Best Stiletto Shoes
- Give to charity. Despite how you feel about your life on Valentine’s Day, someone else worse off. Help this person out by giving to charity. These days, giving is easier than ever. You can text $5 to a group and put food on someone’s table.
Single females, take it from, the above ten things to do on Valentine’s Day help you celebrate this holiday in a more enlightened way. You (partially) get the focus off of you and show your love to others. For more on the subject of Valentine’s Day, read The Single’s Survival Guide to Valentine’s Day.