Support your local church without spending a dime? This statement sounds sinful. After all, most places of worship are struggling to make ends meet. Yet, help – even financial – comes in different forms. So as you pay your tithes and give offerings, do other things to be a valuable congregant. Below are activities I have found useful.
Support your local church without spending a dime by:
- Work with the kids. Fill in the gap for the church population that gets the least amount of attention.You don’t have to be a parent. As a teen and childless adult, I spent several hours in my church’s nursery and Sunday school class. Nurturing babies – the next generation – is a way to build the fruits of the spirit and also meet new people.
- Invite non-believers. Did you know that most believers invite other believers to go to church with them versus non-believers? As a result, churches just swap members and don’t properly evangelize their local areas. (See stats) Support your local church without spending a dime by asking a co-worker, buddy or relative to worship with you. Consider it a public service in which you aid others in learning more about religion.
- Forgo church gossip. Gossip at church? Sounds funny. Yet, vicious rumors have ruined the reputation of many holy establishments. I know this for a fact. A prior co-worker refused to visit my church because she heard members were forced to allow automatic deductions from their paycheck for tithes and offerings. What she heard was NEVER true. So keeping your mouth shut about unfounded whispers or roars about your church is key to helping it flourish.
- Attend services. Don’t just have our name listed on the roster. Go to Sunday service, bible study and other events. By being present, you support your local church without spending a dime. Also, you remain connected to God and fellow congregants.
- Lend your talents. Can you type? Are you good in construction? Use your skills to help maintain the church and lower the expense of running it. I’ve written grants, typed letters and swept floors. These services required only elbow grease.
Ready to get to work? Support your church without spending a dime in the above ways. You won’t have to dig in your pockets, only take time out to assist others.
- Pastors Grow Your Church
- Benefits of Joining a Small Church