Looking to escape the mundane this holiday season? If you and your family desire a little Christmas adventure, check out our five favorite vacation spots, and let your imagination run wild!
1. The Walt Disney World Resort – Lake Buena Vista, FL. Nothing says family vacation more than a Disney trip. From theme parks to shopping, Disney offers something for everyone. Special events at Christmas time include parades, fireworks and more. Plus their resorts range from value priced to deluxe to meet your budgetary needs. Check out their website for seasonal travel offers.
2. Beaches Resorts, Jamaica. All-inclusive resorts with a Sesame Street theme for kids is enough to reel in any family from the cold. Warm temperatures and child-centered activities keep families busy during their stay. Prices vary between resorts and chosen packages. Visit their website for details.
3. Hershey Park – Hershey, PA. Hershey Park remains open on select days for the winter season. Check their website for available days and times. During Christmastime, the park is transformed with holiday themed excitement called Christmas Candy Lane. Kids can meet Santa and his reindeer, enjoy hot chocolate and s’mores, all while riding their favorite rides. Hershey also offers a drive-through light display called Sweet Lights that shouldn’t be missed. Guests can stay in one of two Hershey resorts or choose to stay off-site. Packages at the Hershey Resorts range in price, so call ahead for special offers.
4. New York City, NY. Rockefeller Center’s twinkling Christmas tree is truly a sight to behold. Visitors to New York City at Christmastime can see the tree, skate at Rockefeller Center, watch the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall, or simply shop till they drop. Most New York hotels offer packages and transportation. Check the city’s travel website for details.
5. Oahu, Hawaii. With the newest edition of the Disney Aulani Resort, Oahu has become a new favorite family vacation spot. See a Christmas parade then head to the beach, or check out Honolulu’s City Lights Display.
No matter where you choose to vacation this holiday season, you’re sure to make lasting memories if you relax and enjoy the time you have together!