Preparing for football season means getting ready for the tailgating parties you will be attending. The right equipment, décor and accessories can make the difference between a dull and exciting time. Your friends will want your tailgating secrets and recipes.
To set up the perfect tailgating experience, you will need:
- An SUV or pickup with a tailgate.
- A means to lock up your equipment such as a pickup bed cover, camper shell or perhaps a friend’s van.
- Cooking equipment, dishes, entertainment equipment and so forth.
- The right propane grill makes all the difference. Propane, unlike charcoal, does not smoke or require water to put out the fire. Leaving burning coals in a grill can cause fires in vehicles.
- For those who promise to eat vegetables while tailgating, a stainless steel vegetable basket allows for perfect grilling every time.
- Stainless steel tools in an aluminum case allow you to have everything you need right at your fingertips. You’ll never lose your tools; the case locks with a key.
- Food covers keep flies and other contaminants out of everyone’s food. Keep enough for the cooked food, the buffet and each person’s plate
- Use towels emblazed with your teams logo to clean up and show your team support.
- Keep your party beverage of choice cold in a team logo keg.
- Purchase melamine dishes and flatware in team colors. No one will doubt which team you and your friends support.
- A lightweight folding table seats two to four people. Purchase enough to hold the buffet and allow all your friends to eat. Of course, they can bring their own tables, too.
- Be seated comfortably with a folding chair that bears your team’s logo.
- To keep your food cold while you travel, set up and begin cooking, you need a proper storage receptacle. A 12-volt refrigerator keeps perishable foods and drinks cold without the weight and hassles of melting ice. It can be powered easily with a portable power pack. The pack can also help jump-start a car.
- Plastic storage containers hold everything you need in one place. You can place labels on lids, sides and the front saying, “Do Not Touch- Tailgating Supplies” to separate them from other items at home. You no longer need to find dishes, flatware or anything else; it’s all at your fingertips.
Of course, while your party is in full swing, watch DVD’s of your team on a 24″ 12-volt LED TV that runs off your power supply or cigarette lighter. Your party will be one your friends will never forget; they’ll come running when you invite them to a second one.