For those who are living in warmer climates or when warm seasons come upon us, this doesn’t just mean your body is going to become hot. It also means your mouth is going to begin experiencing issues. As soon as you notice your tongue becoming dry and your lips becoming sticky, bad breath could be right around the corner. While some conditions such as diabetes and eating disorders can make breath stinky, there are ways to combat it.
Not only is the dryness and stickiness uncomfortable, but the odor is embarrassing. For example, when you are having a conversation and you find your listeners trying to discreetly cover their noses, it is no mystery that mouth odor is the issue. It’s possible to solve this problem by following some simple ways to fix bad breath.
· · Tongue scrapers: the white residue found on your tongue is often the biggest mouth odor problem. Use tongue scrapers, which can be found at any drugstore, or a plastic spoon to scrape the white residue off your tongue regularly. Regular tongue scraping reduces bad breathe.
· · Oral hygiene routines: it’s important for you to brush your teeth at least three times daily and floss at least twice, according to most dentists. Not only does this help reduce mouth odor, but it also helps maintain good hygiene.
· · Use salt: for at least 30 seconds, swish warm water that is mixed with a sprinkle of salt. Be sure to rinse your entire mouth and gargle thoroughly in your throat with the saltwater solution. This will help ward off bad breathe longer.
· · Brush away proteins: mouth odor can soon follow the consumption of proteins such as cheese, fish, and milk. So, if possible, brush your teeth immediately after consuming these foods and beverages. If you don’t have time to brush, try swishing with mouthwash.
· · Consume yogurt: studies indicate that the consumption of plain yogurt at least twice per day lowers how much hydrogen sulfide is found in your mouth. In addition to yogurt, consuming berries and melons also achieves this goal.
· · Avoid acidic fruits: be sure to stay away from acidic fruits as much as possible because, not only do they cause damage to your teeth’s enamel, but they lead to bad breath.
One of the best and most popular home remedies for mouth odor is using baking soda. Either purchase baking soda toothpaste, or add a little bit of baking soda to your favorite brand. Using baking soda helps eliminate mouth odor, and helps keep your teeth polished.
Make sure you’re drinking enough water daily. This helps keep your mouth fresh, your body healthy, and your mouth cleaner. A cleaner mouth means less mouth odor, hence less bad breath. In addition to these simple tips, be sure to visit your dentist on a regular basis to ensure you have no mouth infections that could lead to mouth odor.