If you are addicted to alcohol and have it in your mind that one day you will stop drinking alcohol and live a life of sobriety, you are on the right track. Meaning, at least you have it in your mind that you would like to be clean and sober one day. Here are some things to help you stop drinking alcohol by thinking of the pros and cons of drinking alcohol.
Now the problem is, you are probably thinking to yourself, “how will I live with out alcohol in my life if I decide to stop drinking?” Maybe you should think of the pros and cons of stopping drinking and maybe that will help you decide which would be the better life, not only for you the alcoholic, but all those that are sharing your self destructive life because you have chose to be addicted to alcohol.
THE PROS OF STOPPING DRINKING ALCOHOL:
- You will feel so proud of yourself that you have finally beat the demons inside of you.
- Your health will begin to get better as each day goes by.
- Your appearance will start to come back and start to look like your ole self.
- No more horrible hangovers anymore.
- You can get into your car anytime you wish without worrying about getting pulled over for drinking and driving.
- You will get along so much better with your family and friends
- You will start to regain your positive thoughts and have a positive attitude once again and be proud of yourself that you beat your demons that have been giving you negative thoughts for years.
- No more negative thoughts and feeling sorry for yourself while you are drunk and crying in your alcohol.
- You will live a longer life without alcohol cutting your life short.
- You will think with a clear head and make the right decisions that alcohol used to alter.
THE CONS OF NOT STOPPING DRINKING ALCOHOL:
- Your health will decline each and everyday.
- Your appearance will decline along with your health.
- You may lose your job because of your addiction to alcohol.
- Your family life will be effected by your addiction.
- You can still experience those massive hangovers.
- You will not be able to clearly make good decisions in life.
- You will continue to fight with family and friends about your addiction.
- You will be taking that chance drinking and driving, if you do so.
- You will put your life and other innocent people at risk if you drink and drive.
None of the above will happen if you stop drinking alcohol. Being sober and living a life of sobriety is nothing to be ashamed of. I know for a fact, when I stopped drinking alcohol I lost many friends that I thought were my good friends, but in fact, they were my friends because we had one thing in common, and that was drinking alcohol and getting drunk every single day. It is so sad to even think about it, but that was the past, and now I am living a clean and sober life and loving life more than ever.
If you are addicted to alcohol and want to get sober, ask for help if you don’t think you can’t get sober on your own. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed of your addiction to alcohol. Your life is not over, but if you continue to drink and abuse alcohol you will be cutting your life short by years.
Getting sober and finding sobriety in your life is a new beginning of a new life. Just try sobriety once more and give your own life a second chance. Your body will indeed thank you for this huge life change. I am proof that life is better being sober. Try it and you just might love it!