Jets fans are true diehards. Like Cubs fans, these are people who root for a team year in and year out despite nothing but disappointment. Jets fans remember Super Bowl III and Joe Namath even if they weren’t alive in 1969. They are devoted in a special way that is rare among sports fans and it takes special gifts to truly live up to that devotion. If you are buying a gift for a Jets fan, consider getting something from the following top ten gifts for Jets fans.
10. Personalized Jersey – Every Jets fan loves to imagine that they are part of the team, believing that they can pull off that one play that will finally give the Jets another championship. An official jersey with that fan’s name is always a great gift.
9. Jets Tickets – You can never go wrong buying tickets to a game. Buy two and join your fan for all the fun and excitement. The earlier you buy tickets the better, because prices go up as the game gets closer.
8. Jets Christmas Tree Ornament – What better way is there to celebrate Christmas than by decorating the Christmas tree? If the fan you are buying for enjoys decorating trees, buy a few of these ornaments to make the tree a little greener.
7. Super Bowl XLII DVD – The rivalry between the Jets and the Patriots is nearly legendary. While the Jets didn’t play during this Super Bowl, the Giants, who share a stadium with them, did and their win prevented the Patriots from having a perfect record. Any Jets fan will love watching the Patriots choke on this DVD. Consider adding a DVD of Super Bowl XLVI just to watch the Patriots lose again.
6. Donate for Concussion Research – Wayne Chrebet is often considered one of the best Jets players ever to take the field. His career was sadly ended early by a concussion. Donate to concussion research in the name of your Jets fan and include Chrebet’s name and number (#80) on a card or letter that explains the donation.
5. Joe Namath Autographed Football – Joe Namath is getting older and won’t be around much longer. His autograph is already expensive and the cost will just go up. Get official autographed merchandise now before it simply gets unaffordable.
4. Super Bowl III Video – Most Jets fans have never even seen the Jets in a Super Bowl, let alone seen them win one. Sadly this video is only on VHS, so if you really want to make this a great gift, buy it and then pay for it to be transferred from VHS to DVD.
3. Tim Tebow Figure – Tim Tebow is almost certain to be a one-hit wonder and this novelty won’t be available for much longer. Get it now before it disappears forever.
2. Trip to Rebel Bar – As strange as it may seem, the greatest Jets bar in the country may very well be in Chicago, Illinois. If you live near Chicago, take your Jets fan out to watch a game, drink, and eat at the Rebel Bar, surrounded by dozens of similarly displaced Jets fans.
1. Fireman Ed Helmet – Fireman Ed may have hung up his Jets helmet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create a new Fireman Ed. The NFL store doesn’t sell team sports fire helmets but you can still have them custom made. The cost is incredibly high, but if you have a Jets fan that means the world to you, this gift will mean the world to them.