You will not find a piece of filet mignon, chicken drum stick, sushi, or any baby back ribs in the bag of Shakeology. That would probably tough to drink and I don’t think my blender can blend those kind of proteins into something palatable!
While Rocky Balboa would drink whole raw eggs before his morning workout. Since our body’s are made of proteins in all of our cells. Our muscles, fat, hair, skin, bones, blood and brains all contain proteins and it is important that our nutrition contains enough protein to support the functions of our body. In addition to repair these parts as well.
Note there are 23 amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, and 9 of them are called essential amino acids. This means that Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine/Cystine, Phenylalanine/Tyrosine, Valine, Histidine, Threonin, and Tryptophon are supplied to the body through nutrition. Plant based amino acids are similar to meat without the saturated fat.
The types of proteins you will find in Shakeology will include Sacha Inchi, Chia, Flax, Quinoa, Amaranth, and Pea, and all are complete proteins. Depending on which flavor you prefer you will find Brown Rice proteins in Vegan Tropical Strawberry and Vegan Chocolate. In Regular Chocolate and Greenberry, you will find Whey protein to complete the Proprietary Super-Protein Blends.
Here is a brief description of each protein;
- Sacha Inchi is a plant found in the Rainforest of Peru. It has approximately 27% protein, along with Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega 9, iodine, vitamin A and E.
- Chia is a complete protein with all 9 essential amino acids similar to meat, however does not contain the saturated fat that meats contain. Chia can be found in Guatemala and Central/Southern Mexico. And yes, it’s the same seeds found in Chia Pets!
- Flax is also a complete protein and can be found from the eastern Mediterranean region to India and in Ethiopia and Egypt.
- Quinoa originated from an area that includes Ecuador, Bolivia, Colombia, and Peru. This gluten-free grain has 14% protein by mass.
- Amaranth is a gluten-free grain that is cultivated in Mexico, Guatemala, Peru, India, China and Nepal.
- Pea is a slightly sweet protein powder and does not have the health controversies as soy.
- Brown Rice protein is commonly used in health shakes and a great combination with Pea Protein.
- Whey comes from the process of making cheese when the curds are separate from the liquid called whey. This whey has been know to contain anti-inflammatory properties. However some may be sensitive to dairy and should consider the Vegan Version of Shakeology.
Notice that much of these ingredients are cultivated in regions free from pollution, and therefore provides a higher quality ingredient. It’s amazing how much protein can come from plants! For more information on how to get all of these Superfood Protein ingredients in your nutritional diet. Visit http://www.superfoodshakeologist.com