Does your home look like a box stuffed to the brim with junk? Are you constantly repositioning stacks of reading material you have already read? Could you use some extra space? If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, get rid of your excess by helping others. Your trash is another person’s treasure, items he or she is looking for.
Unclutter your home by giving to others:
- PCs – Pass to Gift My PC. Gift My PC works with educational institutions that serve students and veterans. They provide them with working computers and electronics.
- Crafts – Mail to SCRAP . SCRAP is an organization that accepts clean, reusable craft supplies such as paint brushes. Who gets them? Teachers, crafters and other parties who create art.
- Clothes – Hand to Veteran Pickup. Support the veterans. This part of the American populous often struggles to survive after serving the country. Veteranpickup.org accepts clothing and household goods.
- Furniture – Donate to Freecycle. Freecycle is an online forum that allows locals to give furniture and other home goods to individuals in their community. For financially challenged people who just moved into an area, this place is a lifesaver.
- Coats – Offer to One Warm Coat. During the fall and winter, One Warm Coat does a nationwide drive to get coats to be distributed to charitable agencies. Their goal is to assist the needy in remaining warm during cold months.
- Cell Phones – Ring up Hopeline. Verizon recycles used cell phones and distributes them to domestic violence victims. This offering allows them to stay in touch with their support systems and get a fresh start.
- Books – Give to Books for Africa. Books for Africa aids students on this continent obtain current text books. As a result, they get up-to-date knowledge about school subjects.
- Magazines – Drop off to libraries. Besides books, libraries take old magazines. This reading material contains history – articles, photos and interviews about the past interested parties can use for research or entertainment.
Unclutter your home by giving to others through the about groups. You get to clear out your space and also feel good about yourself. It’s a win-win situation.
Also see: Working Celebrities Over Age 70