You don’t need a fancy statistic to know that mayonnaise is a popular condiment. Households as well as restaurants across America carry this creamy substance. Yet, there are other uses for mayonnaise that can enhance your life. Because the recipe for mayonnaise contains egg, oil, and lemon juice or vinegar, this food can do double duty as other types of products such as a cleanser, moisturizer and strengthener.
Uses for Mayonnaise:
- Hair conditioner. The egg that makes up mayonnaise conditions hair. After shampooing, add mayonnaise and leave on for two minutes and rinse out. Style as usual. (Extra tip: This process also kills lice.)
- Dead skin remover. Are your elbows and feet rough and covered in dead skin? Slather on mayonnaise and let set for 10 minutes. Wipe with a damp cloth. These areas of your body will be much softer and free of dead skin.
- Sunburn reliever. If you accidentally fall asleep under the sun and wake up red, reach for a jar of mayonnaise. This product relieves pain associated with sunburns and also moisturizes the skin.
- Plant refurbisher. Leaves on plants often loose their luster especially in a dusty environment. Add sheen to yours by rubbing a dab of mayonnaise on them with a paper towel. This is method florists often utilize on their plants.
- Crayon mark eraser. Don’t let your young children ruin your wooden floors. Cover crayon marks with mayonnaise and let it set for a few minutes. Wipe with a damp cloth. This process erases crayon marks.
- Fingernail strengthener. Before you submit to an expensive process at the nail shop to strengthen your nails, consider mayonnaise. Regularly apply mayonnaise to each nail bed, let set for five minutes and wash away. This will strengthen your nails.
- Tight ring loosener. Is your ring stuck? Coat the affected area with mayonnaise. Twist and turn your ring, this accessory will slide off.
These uses for mayonnaise can save you money. You can purchase one less bottle to go in your medicine cabinet or kitchen drawer. Further discover how to keep more dollars in your pocket by reading How to be an Extreme Cheapskate and Five Uses for Millk of Magnesia other than Constipation.
- Reader’s Digest: 11 Home and Beauty Uses for Mayonnaise
- Wise bread: 10 Unexpected Home Uses for Mayonnaise
- Care2.com: 12 Surprising Uses for Mayo