Planning a dream wedding could truly end up driving any sweet bride into the dreaded “bridezilla” zone! With so much on your plate, it is easy to lose control. That is precisely why you, the bride, need access to stellar vendors you can trust and rely on to catch the essence of your bridal dream and spin it into reality!
The only way to find vendors that you connect with is to know exactly what it is you’re looking for. Lay out the specifics of what you need, what you want, and be sure to define your personal vision of your big day. You’ll want to find vendors who can embrace that very vision and make the wedding of your dreams into your Wedding Day reality.
Planning a wedding allows no time for hesitation and certainly no time for second-guessing! Always stick with your gut instinct, and then be confident in your decisions. Let your vendors play their particular roles in your Wedding. When you have amazing, professional vendors, you can trust them to do the job you’ve hired them to do.
Follow our guide below to help you zero in on your dream vendors, so you can make some great decisions and relax a little, knowing that the ball is in their court and they are going to run with your Wedding Day vision!
1. Always, always, always research the company’s portfolio! Look for samples of the company’s work, and check out reviews from previous clientele. Research the company further to really get an idea of the scope of their wedding services.
2. Meet with the vendor in person if at all possible! Pay attention to how they make you feel. Are you relaxed? Calm? Do you feel comfortable around them? Do they strike you as collected, organized, easy to get along with?
3. Here is where you seek additional information. Find out whom the exact person is that you will be working with on your wedding day (photographer, coordinator, etc)- or who exactly will be preparing/responsible for your order (wedding cake, florals, etc). Some companies have multiple people working for them, therefore the person you speak with at first may not necessarily be the person who will be present on your wedding day, or overseeing your order
It is important to communicate and connect directly with the person who will be present on your wedding day in the event of photographers, planners, caterers, etc, because this person will definitely influence the overall atmosphere!
4. Always inquire about the price of services rendered, as well as exactly what the services will include. Are there overtime fees if the photographer stays late or if a rented vehicle is needed past a certain time? Does the catering quote include the price of servers? Does the price of that luxurious tent include restrooms for your guests? Now is the time to ask any other final questions that may come to mind!
5. Ask the vendor for a contract. If you feel confident after having all of your questions answered, and you decide to hire the vendor, be sure that the vendor supplies you with a contract. All reputable vendors will ensure that a contract is provided.
This allows you to be able to have hard evidence as to what you and the vendors have discussed, and is the perfect way to understand how payment works. For example, any deposits will be delineated here and the date that the remaining balance will be due is specified. Timing for the big day will also be laid out here, including arrival and departure times, delivery times and any other pertinent information specific to the vendor.
6. After the contract is drawn up and finalized, the process is pretty much complete! Always make sure that your remaining balance is paid on time in order to keep things on track for the big day.
7. Keep in touch with your vendors as much as possible. We know it might sound a little ‘bridezilla-ish,’ but confirming your vendor’s arrival and departure times close to the Wedding, as well as the location at which they are expected to arrive and their contact at said location never hurts! Plus, checking and rechecking is sure to calm you and set your mind at ease.
Ultimately, be confident in the decisions that you make along the way and trust that when you go with your gut, you will chose the vendors that are most perfect to make your Wedding Day the most perfect for you! After all, if you managed to meet the man of your dreams, we’re sure that you can pull off the rest of the Dream-Come-True! With a little help from your incredible, hand-select ed vendors, of course.