On March 13, 2013, talk show host Wendy Williams confessed to being asked to leave her church. This diva reported that the incident occurred while she was still a shock jock and talked about (on the radio) seeing two people in the church parking lot knocking boots. Yuck!
Naturally, Wendy Williams couldn’t understand why the leadership of the church told her to beat it, but we do. Who wants that kind of advertisement for their place of worship – true or not? Also, nobody likes a snitch, especially one with millions of listeners. But, she can rest easy – there are other people believers would like to see disappear from church pews too.
Other folks we wish could get kicked out too:
- Sleepers. Apparently, the atmosphere in church is more relaxing than we thought. Sleepers show up every Sunday just to nap. Their snoozing usually starts as soon as the pastor walks up to the podium and ends after the altar call. Clearly, they attend church out of habit or a burning to desire to catch up on some zzz’s.
- Solo singers who can’t sing. They think their voices are melodic, a wonder to the listeners ear. Yet, the congregation trapped into hearing a spotty, flat version of Amazing Graze is not in agreement. The worst part is that these folks never improve and get upset when the choir director refuses to let them sing lead.
- Parents with crying babies. The church has a nursery, but these folks refuse to use this service. Instead, they prefer to expose the entire congregation to a symphony of screams drowning out the choir and sermon. We know Jesus said suffer the little children, but we don’t think he meant in this way.
- Chatters. No, these individuals aren’t the ones who yell out amen or go ahead when the message gets good. They are the congregants who sit in the back, next to a friend and talk about their week or even other people throughout the service. They rarely shut up except to text. Why do they come at all? Chatters usually have other relatives that attend the church and follow suit out of tradition.
These other folks we wish could get kicked out of church too aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. So, we can only hope that one day they see the light and actually attend church for the purpose of growth.
- Celebrities Who Confessed Too Late
- Teach Your Children How to Get Along
- Dumb Mistakes Hard Workers (Often) Make
- Self (watched TV show)