In this digital world, the trend of augmented reality is really picking up. But most of the people certainly don’t understand, so what is augmented reality? Hence, we will be exploring this topic in detail here.
Augmented Reality, which is also known as AR, is basically live, direct or indirect view of the real-world environment whose elements have been supplemented by the computer. In layman’s term, it’s basically a technology that replicates the virtual reality in to the simulated real-life situation. One can easily create the environmental elements to make the situation more real with the computer. Some of the advance software’s can also replicate the sound as well.
3D Sand Model Solution
The solution is also known as ”Digital sand model” solution. It’s an innovative modern solution which replaces traditional sand model room with the limitations of scope and flexibility in terms of terrain visualization and antiquated methods of simulation. This digital solution is the comprehensive solution for all the operational related analysis and appreciation of tactical situations.
This solution provides an enterprise with the 3D terrain visualization, spot analysis and cohesive approach toward solution for the situation at hand. With the galaxy of modern gadgets, which includes the sophisticated screen, 3D library and simulated environment, one can actually get the feel of the past events and guide people for better analysis.
Recently, BSF Punjab frontier India adopted 3D Sand model technology and they launched their pilot project on August 16, 2013. This innovative 3D sand model solution was developed and executed by Omnie Solutions for them.
Some of the benefits of 3D Sand model solution are:
- The planning of the real situation becomes easy with the simulated reality in comparison with the hypothetical situation.
- The user can see the density of cover and fields and arrange for the further operations accordingly.
- Faster updating and implementing of substitution from one situation to another.
- Easy and faster comparison between different situation and result oriented discussions.
- Rehearsals and briefing of critical plans and operations.
- Visualization of surveillance data
- This system will also allow the seamless flow between the planning and operation teams. All the members can understand their respective duties.
- The visual properties and practicality in conception offered by panoramic view feature will be tremendously useful for forward observation.
- This system is very useful for the purpose of training and briefings of the situation.
Primarily, such a solution was used by only paramilitary services, but slowly and gradually lots of industries are turning toward this solution while customizing it as per their business needs to evaluate better situations at hand. This solution allows enterprise to save lots of time in planning and execution.
The proposed digital sand model room has been designed keeping in mind the objective which an enterprises are trying to achieve. It consists of a very high-end server which can be hosted on the premises with limited access to mid-level authorities.
All in all, I can say this comprehensive solution can certainly be a future of planning as well as execution phrase. Lots of enterprises and paramilitary services will eventually be signing up for this in near future.