Halloween is the perfect time to make some homemade treats. In order for you to create some yummy treats you’ll need a few things. Here’s a list of things you might want to get and also some things to consider when making these treats.
- Cooking pans. Whether you decide to bake or just decorate some pre-made goodies you’ll need some good cooking pans. Use these pans to cook delicious cookies or use them so you have a small area to decorate other goodies.
- Tools. You’ll need to make sure you have the right tools. Some common tools you might need are a spatula, measuring cups, teaspoon, and mixing bowls.
- Recipes. Search the internet, cookbooks, or magazines for recipes. Try making something you’ve never made before or stick to a classic that’s easy.
- Ingredients: flour, sugar, eggs, butter, etc. If you plan on creating treats from scratch you’ll most likely need flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and other items as well. Check your recipe for the treat you intend on making and make a shopping list out of the items that you will need. Check out boxed mixes as well as it may be easier and more cost effective for you.
- Edible decorations. This time of the year many stores have Halloween themed candy decorations. This may include orange frosting, orange or black sprinkles, orange icing, or small candy pumpkins. Try going to store that sells bulk candy and see if they have any Halloween candy available in bulk. These candies can be used as decorations on top of cookies or cupcakes.
- Decorative liners and displays. If you are making cupcakes try using Halloween themed cupcake liners. There are also Halloween themed cupcake stands that look great too that may also be used to display caramel apples as well.
- Decorative bags. Halloween themed bags are perfect for displaying your treats and also makes it very handy when giving treats out.
Other Things to Think About
- Kid or adult friendly? When making Halloween treats is good to think about what audience will be seeing these treats. If you’re having a Halloween party where mostly children will be attending you might not want to have gory eyeballs or bloody finger cookies. Make it happy. Try putting smiley faces on pumpkin sugar cookies.
- Have some help. Creating Halloween treats can be a great time to bond with a family member. It can also be a great activity to do during a party.
- How much do you want to spend? Creating treats may cost a lot if you end up buying all of the extras, such as the fancy edible decorations, and display stands. If you want to keep the cost down just stick to the minimal. Also check the ads of various stores and see what they have on sale or if they have any coupons.