Women: we all have them – girlfriends begging to be set up for a date. The problem: there is a man shortage in many of the 50 states. Then, other factors (sexual orientation/incarceration) lower this figure even more. Yet, a few of us try to help them out anyway. If that describes you, you’re doing a good deed, just be sure you pick your pal’s potential date wisely.
Women, people you should never set a friend up with for a date:
- Your ex. Everyone loses in this case. Why? If he treats your buddy too good, you get upset and wonder why he treated you like a dog. If he treats your buddy poorly, she’ll feel as though you should have warned her in advance. After all, he IS your ex.
- A scrub. This is the guy who’s also begging your boyfriend or spouse to get him a date. He’s a loser with the ladies because he has no job, no car and no ambition. If you set a friend up on a date with him, she will secretly resent you. Or worse, she might actually fall in love with him and spend years telling you about their problems.
- Your father. Unless you have no emotional ties whatsoever to your dad, you will always be overprotective about how a romantic interest treats him. In addition, some females have no filter and they WILL tell you all of the gory details about having sex with your pops.
- A boss. Work and play don’t always mix well together. Since your boss has the power to fire you, you may not want him hooked up with a friend you hang out with all of the time. Either the lines of respect will get blurred between you two (the boss). Or, he’ll see you breaking company policy and terminate your employment.
- Your child. This point is going to step on a few toes. (Sorry.) However, most moms have a vision of who they want to see walk down the aisle with their son. Unfortunately, he might not share your fantasy. For this reason, you infringe on his privacy by setting him up with a friend on a date. Let him find his own girl or casually let him meet the girl of your dreams to see if it’s a good fit.
In conclusion, the above are people you should never set a friend up with for a date. Your good deed may back fire on you. Instead, go out with your girlfriend to an event where she can flirt with other singles and meet a perfect match organically.
Also see: Classes I Wish Were Taught in High School